Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Friday, April 16, 2004

the friday five


1. What do you do for a living?
For a living, I'm a student, as I get paid for it. My job, however, is a volunteer position in preservation at the special collections library.

2. What do you like most about your job?
I love working with the old books and artifacts; I get such a thrill out of holding James Joyce's manuscripts or books that Dorothy Sayers and then Ellery Queen had in their library for inspiration. I also love making things and completing them; Sanskrit has very little scope for concrete finished projects.

3. What do you like least about your job?
The automatic assumption by my coworkers that everyone around them is Democrat or futher left, and that no educated person could possibly lean right. Then again, that's most universities for you.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...
I haven't had one yet! The closest to one was when I came in and there was nothing to do, but I just went home, so that's not bad.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?
Government, teaching, rare-books librarian, orphanage-runner, etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home