Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Monday, November 24, 2003

Back! and Blood


Had a great trip-- more later, after my exam tomorrow. Ahh, Texas, where grad students in Sanskrit can schedule their final exams before classes even finish, if they promise to keep coming to class!

I almost gave blood in NYC because of the education level of a Red Cross worker. I've long been annoyed by a very silly rule barring even frequent tourists to England from giving blood. So, when someone from a Red Cross van comes over and asks me to donate, I ask if I can, saying that I lived in England from 1993 to 1996. She says, "oh, that's fine. You can give." I get excited and start filling out the forms, only to have her come back and say, "oh, is England the UK or Great Britain? I didn't think it is, but my coworker says so."

Nope, still can't give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home