Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Friday, October 31, 2003

On the UN


Well, I can't find it up on the CNN website, but it just scrolled across the banner on CNN that the UN is withdrawing from Baghdad. I really don't know anything at all about the story besides that line, but, taking it at face value: these are the people who want the US to hand over control to them, but they would rather just abandon everyone there to chaos (by an immediate pullout, something, as we hear repeatedly, that even Dean doesn't advocate) than take a few hits. Does anyone else see something wrong with the idea of turning over control to them?

Additionally: have been slow lately, I know. Boyfriend's been down with severe gastro-enteritis; doctors even thought it was appendicitis for a while; and he's only now starting to recover. I've been being domestic, mopping fevered brows and all that.

UPDATE: I haven't heard a thing more about it, so I suppose it was just an unclear CNN banner item with no substance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home