Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Friday, July 11, 2003

It's not the heat, it's the humanity


Or, today in Houston, it's the humidity. Even our enthusiastic dog's being lethargic. Toss his ball, he watches it bounce limply away, then looks back at you, asking, "you really think I'm going to run after that?" Of course, it's also the day I pick to make eighty trips out to the car with endless small boxes of books. Small, so's I can carry them up to the third floor in Austin. Endless, so's I can keep up my reputation for having a reference library about India that rivals that of whichever university I'm attending. And so that I can also have a ready supply of books by Blake, novels by Sayers, etc....

In other news, I don't think my hard drive's shot, after all. Must do a bit more work before I feel sure enough to try to put the whole thing back together again and power it up, but, thanks to helpful comments by several of you, I'm no longer panicking. Thank you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home