Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Computer Panic


Ok, so I get up to Austin, and try to fire up my computer, but it jams. It runs for a bit, and then the power cuts and it starts to boot up again. Obviously something got shaken loose in transit. UPS broke a lot of my stuff, labelled "fragile," on which I'd paid extra for handling. DON'T SHIP THINGS UPS. But I opened the CPU up, blew some dust and broken bits from the case out of it, and tried again: no luck. The power won't run for more than about twenty seconds.

I have everything on there. My thesis, all of my research for everything. Everything. I'd thought to save the more important things on disk, but those got too hot in their box and no longer store data.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix this? Please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home