Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Friday, June 06, 2003

The Friday Five


1. How many times have you truly been in love?
While it's always possible I might come across something incredibly mind-blowing, something that dwarfs everything I've experienced... going on the assumption that that's not likely, and just going from my experience, I'll say 2, maybe 3.

2. What was/is so great about the person you love(d) the most?
He's a great guy; his faith is strong and he's never ashamed to show and tell other people his faith and the source of his never-ending life and joy, always in the hopes that it can solve their problems and help them as it has for him. When you walk into a room, there's this smile he'll give you that makes you feel like you're the only person who exists -- even if you know he's giving the same smile to everyone else, you don't care, because you got one. (He's the only guy I've met who I'd be willing to share with someone else -- there's so much to him, it would be selfish to keep him to yourself. Hence my understanding of why a woman might possibly not mind polygamy.) He's exuberant and driven, he has a heart of gold and a talent for turning everything he touches into gold -- then giving it all away. He thinks deeply and always wants to get at the truth of everything, even if that means questioning or changing what he believes. He's never treated a woman poorly in his life, and very few men -- when he does, he apologizes to the man affected as soon as he realizes his fault. He's the greatest guy I know.

3. What qualities should a significant other have?
Honest, open; knows what you need to hear and says it if that doesn't compromise the previous qualities; at your same intellectual level; with enough shared beliefs that you have a basis from which to discuss things about which you disagree; willing to sacrifice anything for your happiness; sturdy, stable, dependable; on good terms with and eager to remain on good terms with both families; and being rich and good-looking doesn't hurt.

4. Have you ever broken someone's heart?
I've been able to, a few times -- it's an awesome power to have (in the old sense of "awesome") -- but no, I don't think I have. I had someone who was convinced I broke his heart, but he seems to have gotten over it.

5. If there was one thing you could teach people about love, what would it be?
That there's more to it than butterflies in the stomach and a romp in the sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home