Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Saturday, May 10, 2003

Tolerance?


From the San Francisco Chronicle: Palestinian students recreate paradise to show what awaits ``martyrs''. The most interesting quote to me is: "The university -- a hotbed of Palestinian nationalism and a Hamas stronghold -- said it officially opposes bombings but didn't want to stifle the students' views."

That's like Harvard letting students put up a VNN -- no, a KKK exhibit of the most violent sort, calling for and praising those who bring about the deaths of those not wanted, and arguing that it's free speech.

There are many restrictions on free speech in this country, some of which I agree with and some of which I don't, but one I feel is necessary is a ban on "fighting words." Along with not being allowed to yell "fire" in a crowded theater, you can't make threats on someone's life and defend it as "free speech."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home