Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Thursday, May 15, 2003

Return of the Dixiecrats?


Shanti links to this article out of Dallas on how the modern Black leader is pro-segregation.

Remember that southern school a couple years back that made national news by having its first desegregated prom (previously, they'd had two proms)? And remember how the only student protests against it were by black students who said they didn't want to have to listen to crap white music at their prom? (Yeah, that second part got mentioned a few times, but not nearly as often as the first THE SOUTH IS EVIL part.)

The Christian Science Monitor ran an article on black parents agitating for resegregation about a year ago. 60 Minutes, in one of only two times I've ever watched it (before I fell for Tom Brokaw and latched on to NBC), had an episode on "black-flight," rich suburbs populated entirely by black people who have left their white neighborhoods because they want their children raised up around only other black children.

This appears to be a growing trend. I don't even know whether or not to find it disturbing. One part of me says, "aack! choices, even private ones, based on race! evil! die! die! die!" ("Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, kill, KILL, KILL!") The other part says, eh, do whatever you want, as long as you're not hampering by your choices what choices other people can make (perfectly fine to try by any legal ways of bugging people to make white people not want to come live in your neighborhood; not fine to attack them or bar them from buying a house there). Just let anybody of any race (or mixed or was-auch-immer) be allowed to do the same thing.

So, what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home