Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Saturday, May 10, 2003

The pavement on hell's entrance ramp


Matthew Yglesias is on the mark again, as he often is when making philosophical statements:
Ultimately, I think it's very rare in the real world for people to actually mean ill. The whole problem is that people acting on good faith beliefs about the correct course of action are often simply wrong, on occassion egregiously so.

I hope more people start realizing that. Bono made a similar comment (along the lines of "people who don't want to increase foreign aid usually aren't heartless; they just think increasing foreign aid is not going to do anything to solve the problems"), at which point I gained respect for his activism to go along with my nearly blasphemous idolatry of him in a musical context.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home