Listen, My Children...

Every Little Helps

Friday, May 30, 2003

the friday five


1. What do you most want to be remembered for?
My academic goal is to be footnoted somewhere. Someone else will write a book, and one footnote will say, "Adrianne Truett has demonstrated this point well in her work _____."
Otherwise, I want to be remembered for showing others how to live. I've got to get good at that first, though.

2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?
"Life is a black, sucking vortex of anguish and despair, filled with brief moments of false hope and empty joy, all the while dragging you inevitably closer to final, absolute, and eternal death." -- I've heard this attributed to various people, including Isaac Asimov and Homer Simpson (I find the former more likely).

3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?
My thesis.

4. What about the past ten years?
Surviving Germany -- or learning how adaptable I was to foreign life in any country.

5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?
Do what your mother says; she's probably right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home